Discovery Zone Journal Refill (8 Week)
by Joseph and Mary Jane Mueller
The Discovery Zone Christ Walk Journal uses the same progression as the adult Christ Walk Journal, just with simplified terms or more definition. It does not have specific time recommendations built in, but it is designed to be something that will take more than 5 minutes. We want them to learn that meeting with God takes purposeful time. These journal pages are not necessarily easy, but they are doable. Children may need help initially, but what could be more important than a parent helping a child learn how to walk with God? It is worth it!
This refill contains one option of the three levels of the journal pages that are graded according to age or spiritual maturity.
- The Explorer Edition is for 1st–2nd graders and is designed to teach the children how to talk to God. It includes all of the prayer helps in-line and leads them specifically through their time with God. It also has a 4-week rotation of inline helps to keep things fresh and real.
- The Trailblazer Edition is for 3rd–4th graders and uses standard question prompts to direct their thinking as they go through their time with God. It also includes a separate, simplified prayer helps section of the journal to help them.
- The Navigator Edition is for 5th–6th graders and is similar to the adult journal with a few simplifications in terms. It includes a separate, simplified prayer helps section of the journal to guide them.
The 8-week refill for the Discovery Zone Journal is designed for those who have previously purchased a Discovery Zone Journal. The refill includes:
- One set of Introduction pages
- 8 weeks of Daily Journal pages
- One set of Prayer Helps pages (Trailblazer and Navigator Editions)
- 3 sheets of Sermon Note pages
|Dimensions||8.5 × 5.5 × .40625 in|